We would like to invite you all to join us at this year’s AGM which will be held at the HQ on Tuesday 17th July at 20:00. The AGM will include reports from section Leaders about the fun and adventure the young people have enjoyed over the past year, as well as details from the Executive Committee regarding the Group’s development, expenditure and finances and is also an open forum for yourselves to give your feedback to the Group.
We also hold the election of officers to the Group Executive Committee during the meeting. As mentioned in my recent letter, last year our Group Secretary stepped down and following a number of years in the role our Group Chair, David Brockis, gave us notice of his stepping down this Summer. Both of these roles are compulsory for us to be able to continue as a Scout Group and also provide a great opportunity for others to help support the more visible Uniformed side (that is thriving!!). A very brief role description for both is below but please contact me if you would like any other details or have any questions at all:
- Group Chair – Key Responsibilities: Chair the bi-monthly Group Executive Committee. Work closely with and support the Group Scout Leader, maintaining effective communication, to encourage the development of Scouting within the Group and as part of the local community.
- Group Secretary – Key Responsibilities: Attendance of bi-monthly Executive Committee meeting. Collating and issuing meeting agenda. Noting and producing minutes of the meeting. In liaison with section leaders, help to maintain the member data base and compilation of annual census report to the Scout Association. This role can be flexible and split on a “job share” basis for any willing volunteers!
Other roles / vacancies:
- Parent Representative – Key Responsibilities: Attendance of bi-monthly Executive Committee meeting. To give feedback / thoughts / ideas from a parental perspective to the running of the Group. To be a “conduit” of feedback from parents to Section Leaders and the Executive Committee.
- Supporter Association Co-ordinator – Key Responsibilities: Attendance of bi-monthly Executive Committee meeting. Organising and coordinating with the Supporters Association for Group social and fund-raising events.
- Supporters Association – Have you any ideas for events that the Group could run? Would you be willing to plan / run an event, be it a one off or something regular? Would you be willing to help at events? Have you family / friends outside the Group that may wish to help?
- Other – In addition to these positions we are also welcoming volunteers to help us with the running of the sections, maintenance of the Group website, promotion of the Group / Group events, maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
Please do let us know at the AGM or pass contact details through your section leader if you are able to help with any of these areas. While I appreciate that all have busy lives, without the help and support of our members, Marden Scout Group will not be able to continue to grow and offer the fantastic opportunities that Scouting brings to the young people in and around Marden..
Yours in Scouting
Group Scout Leader